Thursday, June 29, 2017

Bug summary when building caffe in windows

Caffe installation bugs
Though following the official guidelines, there are also some problems related to different version of compilers or libraries.
The official guidelines are in
https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/tree/windows

I use the compiler vs2015 (MSVC=14), while the official one support vs2013, and ninja instead of cmake.

##
# bug 1
Error 'fatal error: pyconfig.h: No such file or directory'

# Solution
Add python path to system path

# bug 2
.\caffe/export.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'caffe/include_symbols.hpp'
# Solution
It seems the problem with vs2015. I didn't find the internal problem, but had a tricky solution. We may build with vs2013 first and then copy the include_symbols.hpp in the same path, finally the building will be successful.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! i am getting the same error too. I am trying to build using NINJA, CPU Only. I am using vs17, windows system.

    I couldn't get any proper working solution for this.

    I have also tried this
    http://www.programmersought.com/article/8629631332/

    and still the error continues
    ".\caffe/export.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'include_symbols.hpp': No such file or directory"



    Can you give me the include_symbols.hpp file which was build using vs13 so that copy paste it in my build using vs17 ?

    ReplyDelete